Preventing Pest Infestations in Your Home and Lawn Begins in March
Perimeter pest control services provides a barrier between your home or business and the pest’s. Pest control and lawn fertilization is important in March and April, because the days are warmer. Pests like chinch bugs and other lawn destroying pests, weeds and fungus can get out of control fairly quickly. Dollar weed, brown patch fungus and other major lawn destroyers, start to thrive and if you wait to treat your lawn, you will likely have the cost of repairing the damage they can cause. So remember, March is the time for weed control and lawn spraying. Make sure you take advantage of our coupon for first time perimeter pest control applications. Bay Area Lawn and Pest Control is in full force helping homeowners with challenges of pest control and lawn care in Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Trinity, Oldsmar, Asbel Creek, Bexley, Brooksville, Carrolwood, Connerton, East Lake, Keystone, Lake Padgett Estates, Lake Fern, Lutz, New Port Richey, New Tampa, Odessa, Pebble Creek, Port Richey, Seven Springs, Springhill, Starkey Ranch, Tampa, Turtle Lake, Wilderness Lakes Preserve, and Zephyrhills in Pasco County, Florida. March is the time to begin fertilizing your lawn! We will combat and prevent pests that invade your home and keep your lawn fertilized and disease free.
Here are some things homeowners can do to minimize pest infestations:
- With a silicone based caulking, seal outside cracks. Be sure to pay close attentions to entry points , including those that house utilities, pipes and fixtures.
- Old, worn weather stripping can leave gaps that not only reduce energy efficiency, but it is a “welcome mat” for pests. Replace the stripping on all window and doorways.
- Standing water is a breeding ground for many pests, including mosquitoes and other pests. Check for irrigation leaks. Often times leaks close to the foundation of your home go unnoticed.
- Clean your gutters. Fall and winter leaves can leave your gutters clogged and filled with compost that critters love.
- Be sure to create a barrier around your home’s foundation. This includes keeping bushes, trees and other landscaping maintained. This is crucial to the overall prevention of pests in your home and garden.